I Hate Macs

Reaction score
I have a MAC 10.3.9 OSX It crashes evey 10 minutes like every other MAC I have ever had. Any ideas what i can do on my own without spending lots of money to be told that it needs to be reformatted or that I need virus protection or that I shouldn't have baught a dumb MAC. None of those solutions ever work anyway. Now i have smacked the piece of garbage and everything on my monitore is in double vision. It felt SO good to hit it.

Reaction score
G'day Ooblenoof,

You have successfully conveyed to us that you are frustrated and angry in relation to your experiences with various Mac's in your life.

That's not enough for anyone here to help you unless you specify what Mac you have and exactly what symptoms your Mac has and what if anything you have done about it other than Smackdown your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have a MAC 10.3.9 OSX It crashes evey 10 minutes like every other MAC I have ever had. Any ideas what i can do on my own without spending lots of money to be told that it needs to be reformatted or that I need virus protection or that I shouldn't have baught a dumb MAC. None of those solutions ever work anyway. Now i have smacked the piece of garbage and everything on my monitore is in double vision. It felt SO good to hit it.
Virus protection is not going to solve this. Neither is reformatting. You may need to do a reinstall if you are experiencing Kernel Panics, but that won't really require any reformatting. Smacking it may have worsened whatever the issue was, hence the display problems now.

Anwway, to help narrow down what your problem is, a little more information is needed:

What applications were/are you running when it 'crashes'?
What exactly happens during a 'crash' for you?
What things have you installed, hardware/software recently?
Have you downloaded all the Software Updates available?
What are the machine's specs?

The answers to those questions and any other pertinent information you can think of would help us to better assist you with this. Just let us know and we will do our best.

:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I would say check the ram. If the ram is bad it can mess the system up and make it incredibly unstable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's

Just FYI.. (and to poke a little fun at your anger).. it is Mac... Not MAC.

Info on the most common use of MAC

Info regarding Mac (as in Mac-forums)

To further inflame you... it is bought (as in purchased) not "baught"
and it is monitor.... not monitore.

And if it felt good to hit it once.. it surely should feel even better to hit it again.

:D

Reaction score
Can't please all the people all the time...I guess.

Try this...

COM1S1big.gif

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs

Your Mac probably hates you just as much. ;)

The easiest way to fix your problems is to get rid of it and get a cheap Dell PC, I find hitting PC's far more satisfying than hitting any other computers and Dells the most satisfying of all.

Seriously though it sounds like you need to stick some decent RAM in it and reinstall the OS from scratch, make sure you get the latest firmware updates and in a few months stick Leopard on it, Panther is like so yesterday dude.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
What Mac do you have?
How does it crash? Freeze / apps quit / error message?
What were you doing?
What programs were open?
Does it crash if you just let it sit there once it's started?
What processes are running in Activity Monitor?
How much RAM do you have?
How much hard drive space have you used / is spare?
Have you scanned your HD with Disk Utility?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
Reaction score
Go ahead and feed the trolls.

We can try help them, but if they don't act like they're interested in solving the problem themselves, why should we be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i see that we have a whole bunch of well behaved folks around here....

ooble...it sounds like you have a pretty big problem on your hands, call up apple and talk to them about it or visit your local apple store

your problem is most likely due to failing hardware, your video is probably now due to a loose video card from hitting it
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; Radeon 9200; 40 GB HDD
My new person of the day! My vote for member of the month!!
-d

x2

Why would you hit something that costs that much? :eek:

Anyways ... as stated before ... you need to give us more information on your problem. You need to help us help you. Though, based on the information you gave us, a simple re-install of the OS seems like a good idea.

Furthermore, it could of been an error on your part. Computers don't just "go bad." Something needs to happen first... That goes with any computer or OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
He hasn't come back to us, so mustn't want help that bad...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6

What's a 'MAC'? Isn't that a Media Access Control address? Maybe you should buy a Mac to run OS X rather than a MAC, which cannot actually run any OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
what programs does it crash on

what ram do you have in it ?

most importantly - DONT HIT IT ANY MORE

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.