Internet connect problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.9 GHz
Hello! This is my first post to this site. I have a DSL connection and when I try to connect to my ISP from an iMac G3(panther 350MHz) and an iMac G5(tiger 1.9GHz) simultaneously through a 3COM 8port switch, only one of them connects while the latter - whichever machine might be - is rejected.I mean that when any second computer tries to connect, it is rejected.I think that it's a matter of network configuration. The two computers can exchange files even with laptops using appletalk.
I have tried to configure DHCP in vain. Same with internet sharing.

Thank you in advance

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If both of them will connect no issue - and only problem is that you can only connect one at a time - would look to the router - check for setting that limits # of IP addresses it will hand out at a time

Have mine limited to the # of computers in my house, just another prevention tool to keep outsiders from trying to access my wireless network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.