Help with Windows Media Player v.9 for Mac

Reaction score
i have tiger running on a g4 ibook. i can't seem to launch windows media player everytime i try to open it up. i have downloaded the installer and installed it several times, but to no avail. it does the same thing. the just icon bounces on the dock for a few seconds then displays an error saying that the WMV quit unexpectedly...i really need help. i need WMplayer to stream asx files...please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Welcome to MacForums. Unfortunately, even MicroSoft doesn't support WMP for Mac OS X anymore. They'll tell you to download FlipForMac. So taht is your best bet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Welcome to MacForums. Unfortunately, even MicroSoft doesn't support WMP for Mac OS X anymore. They'll tell you to download FlipForMac. So taht is your best bet.
yeah, and in my opinion, it's far better than Windows Media Player anyway. Loading wmv IN the browser is much better than streaming through the player, which would frequently lag, freeze, or remain buffering for eternity. Should you want to watch the movie again, you have to do it all again.

Flip4mac allows you to play almost all .wmv's in the nice and friendly Quicktime.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I downloaded flip4mac but i cant watch videos in the opera browser. Any idea why?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.