landscape/portrait switching?

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a 24" imac, and I'm wondering if it's possible to mount it on an articulating arm as you would a flat screen monitor.

I do a fair amount of work with photographs and need to be able to switch between landscape and portrait orientations, and it doesn't seem like the stand the imac ships with allows this - is that right?

Has anyone tried mounting an imac on an arm that swivels between landscape and portrait orientations?

russ

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Why rotate the screen, when you can rotate the image.

Reaction score
I dont think you can rotate the 24" iMac..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Why rotate the screen, when you can rotate the image.

Sort of like spinning the ladder to screw-in a lightbulb???

:D

The 24" can be wall mounted... I certainly would NOT change the orientation of the monitor though...

The iMac "Core 2 Duo" 2.16 24-Inch, however, is VESA compliant and can be wall mounted with an adapter kit purchased from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller. A instruction manual with installation details is available for download in PDF format.

OP
R
Reaction score
Some of the images I work with are vertical "panoramas", and it's desireable to have as much of the image visible as possible when editing
rjp

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.