Mac in the Movies

D

dziner

I posted a thread a while ago about the Cinima display and iSight looking camera in Vanilla Sky. I thought it would be cool to start a thread containing every movie (tv show) you can think of that has Apple products in it.

Friday I went to see Underworld and even though they were using a PC - it had an OS X like operating system.

Just rented Final Destination 2 and noticed the one kid bought an iMac and there was also a girl in the movie using an iBook.

Please add to the list.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Under the Tuscan Sun.. the main character is a writer and she uses an iBook

OP
S

SuperShaun

Princess diaries my GF made me watch it the other day the girl was using one. The italian job LA heist the hacker kid was using one. In almost any high priced movie they use one as they come with a sort of status.

OP
S

SuperShaun

And i just rememered the best one Zoolander as they thought that the information was inside the Computer so the smashed it on the ground to get the info out LMAO i had trouble switching macs on the first time i saw one. LOL

OP
F

Fomer

Cold Creek Manor tons of apple stuff!

(SPOILER!!!!!! sadly in the movie you see the 20 inch flat panal pumeled by a crowbar. :(

OP
D

dziner

I forgot about the Zoolander scene. That was so funny. I'll have to check out Cold Creek Manor... poor flat panel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Jason X - they have a coupple iMacs floating around on the ship, they keep using them when they are bringing that chick back to life and Jason is laying on that table (still frozen).

Those are the macs I saw, didn't finish the movie to see if there were any more.

sKaD

OP
S

Stanley

I had the same idea for this thread after I saw the previous one...
Anyway,
The Recruit: somewhere in the beginning of the film the lead character (forgot the name) searches for files on a Mac.

Now I have a question. If a mac with one of those new flatscreen displays is in sleepmode, does it show a white 'breathing' light on the monitor? If so, than he was typing on a sleeping computer. :)

OP
D

dziner

Just thought of some more. Office Space showed the Mac OS with a little bit of Windows added to it. I guess they have to do that kind of stuff in the movies. And in The Saint I think Val Kilmer was using a Mac that seemed to have Hi-Tech Kaleidescope running on it. May have to watch that again to make sure.

OP
F

Fomer

Let's not forget Ipods and Rappers those are becoming as prominate as Peanut Butter and Jelly

OP
D

dziner

Just watched About A Boy last night with my girlfriend. Funny movie. Hugh Grant had a G4 cube and Apple Studio Display and there was a kid in the movie who had a grape iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Office Space!

sKaD

OP
S

SuperShaun

Watched a sty stalone film Assasians they were all runing aroung with mac lappys as well doing all their dodgy killing deals.(Good film though)

OP
D

dziner

Was just watching The Forensic Files and saw a police officer using an old mac laptop with OS 7, 8, or 9 doing DNA testing/matching. So the Mac isn't just for designers.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Anyone say Drew Cary's show yet? (non movie but close enuf :D)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Dreamcatcher - you don't see a Mac but when he's messing around in his "Memory Warehouse" or whatever he said he had to remove baseball cards or something because he got himself a laptop and it shows him putting a box on the shelf (representing his memories) and it had "Mac G3 Powerbook" or something really similar, I know it said "Mac G3".

So anyways, that was cool :D

sKaD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I've never seen this show until last night.. "Angel" about some vampire.. well part of his crew, a tech girl, uses a powerbook whenever they asked her to look something up on the net :)

OP
S

Stanley

In "the mind of a married man" the main guy also uses a mac powerbook in his office...

OP
W

Wapa18

in mr. deeds, the boss guy at the tabloid show has a G3 powerbook, and winona rider's character uses a graphite ibook. also adam sandler's character uses a G4 powerbook with the apple symbol covered up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Murlyn said:
I've never seen this show until last night.. "Angel" about some vampire.. well part of his crew, a tech girl, uses a powerbook whenever they asked her to look something up on the net :)

i think this is true for any show on NBC or the WB anymore.

the best Mac cameo is on Seinfeld. In the early shows it was an SE-30 (or classic) and The 20th Anniversary (aka Spartacus). I think Jerry is a mac user, or at least someone in charge was

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.