What mouse do you use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
I'm looking for a Blue Tooth mouse to use with my new MacBook Pro, and was curious as to what the rest of you use with your Macs. Any input?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Wireless mighty mouse all the way.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I use the Corded MM's but for my Bluetooth I bought a Logitech Bluetooth. Love it to death.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
BT Mighty Mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
BT Mighty Mouse, works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
I wanted something more portable than the mighty mouse, so I picked up an IOGear Bluetooth Optical Mini Mouse (nevermind the $70 MSRP, I paid about half that from newegg).

Not only is it small, but it also comes with a USB cable and port on the mouse for charging the batteries. Oddly the USB port will not work to connect the device to say, a non-bluetooth laptop, but it's very handy for overnight charging of the batteries (I typically get a week or two of moderate use).

I wouldn't recommend this for your primary mouse, but for a few hours in the evenings, it's perfect.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score

???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0Ghz
BT mightmouse - with no problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
I prefer my trackpad for general use. I'll probably get all Bluetooth stuff when I get a new desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet) 400 MHz
When i feel like using a cordless mouse i use Apple's original Bluetooth mouse. Most of the time though i'm using the hockey puck mouse that came with a Power Mac G4 Sawtooth. It's one of the few mice that i've used that doesn't cause my hand to hurt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Wired MM for now but I'll upgrade very soon to the BT MM.

Reaction score
Ok so it's not a mouse but if I am not using my trackpad I use The Ball from Macmice it's a Bluetooth trackball. It is the only Bluetooth trackball I have been able to find and I was using it on my windows laptop before I got my MBP.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
I likes my logitech v270. It works great and doesn't have that weird little scroll pea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Logitech iFeel Mouseman - best mouse I've ever had:

images

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
:black:
There is a thread for this in the Hardware forum, too.
I will move it over there.

Reaction score
I bougth the Microsoft Wireless 8000 mouse yesterday. I wanted something bluetooth so I wouldn't need to plug something into my macbook pro as it only has 2 usb ports. Plus it's rechargable AND matches my MBP perfectly! :)

I tried the BT MM but I didn't like how hard it was to right-click, it sucked for gaming. The 8000 has been working pretty good so far, had to go through some different steps to sync it with my computer but I am happy with it. Never lost the signal or had to resync it even while switching to windows.

I will admit it's not as smooth as the MM in OSX but it's not that bad. A little sensitive, but maybe it's something that takes getting used to. Hopefully Microsoft will release OSX drivers for the mouse. I know on their website they have an option to choose OSX but there's no download file for it yet.

Oh, and all the side-buttons and everything work fine. I have my side buttons programmed for expose.

Reaction score
Just a little update to my previous post. I've been using the MS Wireless 8000 for 4 days now and I have to admit that I love it. At first it felt a little too sensitive in OSX but now that I'm used to it I have no complaints at all. I also don't use it with a mousepad so that might add a little more sensitivity.

I have the scroll click for Dashboard, the left side button for expose to expand every windows, and the right side button for expose to show desktop.

Cheers

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Logitech iFeel Mouseman - best mouse I've ever had:

images

Aptmunich, i use something very similar at work on my HP laptop. looks like the same chassis, but mine is just called the mouseman wheel. most comfortable standard optical mouse i've ever used.
it's on the left here:
127416981-S.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.