Rename XP Hard drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP| 2.33 15" |2 Gig|320 GiG 7200 rpm |256 MB X1600
Before picking up my MPB this weekend the last Mac I had was a power pc 7500 which I added a G3 card , so its been a while.
My question is how do I change the XP disc when its displayed in OSX. I have XP running on my MBP for work apps. For some reason the NoName is bugging me :bone: Can't remember how to rename it, as mentioned its been a long time and may have actually changed since MAC OS 9 . Yes I formatted my XP drive in fat 32 so I could access it .
thanks
Wrath

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Before picking up my MPB this weekend the last Mac I had was a power pc 7500 which I added a G3 card , so its been a while.
My question is how do I change the XP disc when its displayed in OSX. I have XP running on my MBP for work apps. For some reason the NoName is bugging me :bone: Can't remember how to rename it, as mentioned its been a long time and may have actually changed since MAC OS 9 . Yes I formatted my XP drive in fat 32 so I could access it .
thanks
Wrath

Boot your MBP in XP and change the drive name within XP. That's how I did it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz/1GB/80GB Macbook Core 2 Duo
I just did that on my Mac, you should be able to rename the drive by clicking on the drive and choosing Get Info, you can rename it there.

OP
wrathlon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP| 2.33 15" |2 Gig|320 GiG 7200 rpm |256 MB X1600
Thank You Kindly that did the trick
Wrath

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
FYI it also works to just click on the name, and click on it again. Just like renaming a folder. :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
FYI it also works to just click on the name, and click on it again. Just like renaming a folder. :)

Interesting. That didn't work for me. Maybe it was because I formatted NTFS...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.