• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

His Steveness talks about music

OP
M

MacHeadCase

I think most members here know about DVD-Jon: it will come as no surprise to anyone here that DVD-Jon criticized Jobs' article on his blog. Not once but four times! Entry 1, Entry 2, Entry 3 and Entry 4.

But here's a twist from Hob's Blog. DVD-Jon Hypocrisy:

...But then, I remembered reading about what DVD-Jon is up to. He now lives in California and is a key employee at Double Twist Ventures. Their mission? Quoted from the Wikipedia entry for DVD-Jon:

DoubleTwist would license the ability to apply FairPlay to media companies who wanted their music and videos to play on the iPod.

In other words, Double Twist's business model is entirely dependent upon the continuation and prevalence of DRM, especially as relates to Apple's Fairplay. ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
In theory, CDs have the best music quality. In reality, the first time you play a vinyl, its the best you can get.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

I have over 700 vinyls.
icon10.gif

Sound from vinyls on a good hifi system is out of this world.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Most copy-protected CD's will NOT have any problem in OSX. The Foo Fighters In Your Honor CD would not rip in Windows (rips would be all stuttered due to the copyright protection). But it ripped fine in OSX, so as long as you have a Mac, CD's should work fine. :)

i ripped the foo fighters in your honor cd(s) to 192Kbps mp3 with no problem at all - i was either using WMP9 or WMP10 on my last HP laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
i ripped the foo fighters in your honor cd(s) to 192Kbps mp3 with no problem at all - i was either using WMP9 or WMP10 on my last HP laptop.
Perhaps the driver never got installed when you inserted the cd(s). Maybe autorun was turned off so it didn't have a chance. Whatever the case, it's a windows thing that you don't have to worry about on a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.