TouchPad and Right Click under XP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP| 2.33 15" |2 Gig|320 GiG 7200 rpm |256 MB X1600
Ok got Xp installed on my MBP and it went flawlessly with one exception the Touchpad and the right click is not working . Anyone experience this ? or have a solution. I am running XP Via BootCamp . I believe there is no problem when I have keyboard hooked up but I would like to use my MacBook Pro with the touch pad . The programs I use in Xp rely heavily on right click so I would be very grateful for any ideas.

thanks
Wrath

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
maybe if you could find an iscroll type of driver for windows xp..

I'll look around and post back if i find something.

OP
wrathlon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Dude

Appreciate it Dude . This will enable me to ditch my Windoze notebook which I use for work .

I guess I should be more clear as the touch pad works just not the tap function. But more important and what I really care about is the right click function.

Once Again Big Thanks man
Wrath

Reaction score
You are correct ... you cannot tap the pad in XP via Boot Camp.

To click, you have to press the trackpad button.

To right-click, you press the trackpad button while touching the trackpad with two fingers; this also happens to work in Mac OS X, so you can play with it right now if you're not running Windows. :)

OP
wrathlon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

To right-click, you press the trackpad button while touching the trackpad with two fingers; this also happens to work in Mac OS X, so you can play with it right now if you're not running Windows. :)

Thanks Ill give it a go
Wrath

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz/1GB/80GB Macbook Core 2 Duo
My Macbook is my first Mac laptop and I have to say that the touch pad is the best I've used on any laptop. I like the large size and the two finger scrolling under OS X. I've not used it much under Windows but overall I'd have to say that Apple does a great job with their integrated pointing device. So much so I may move my bluetooth mouse over to my Mac Mini.

OP
wrathlon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Your exactly right my man thanks !
Wish that the tap would work with the touchpad but now I have the use of the right click , not so convienent having to use three fingers but Heh can't have everything .
thanks again
Wrath

Reaction score
i've tried the "3 finger" approach and iScroll and niether works for my mbPro. and other advice to get right click to work in XP?

Be sure to put two fingers on the pad first then click the button with you thumb.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.