Parallels Desktop + Vista. How to install?

Reaction score
I'm trying to get Parallels Desktop working with Vista. I already have Vista installed on my computer because I use bootcamp. How do you install parallel's Desktop? Everything I've tried to do tells me to INSTALL vista. Well, it's already installed. Solutions? THanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
which version of vista are you trying to run in paralells, it is against the eula to to run the home versions in a vitual machine and maybe microsoft did something to prevent it from such use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What version of Parallels are you using? It's only the latest beta that can use a Boot Camp partition. If you're using the one out of the box, then it won't work.

If you don't want to try out beta software, then you're going to have to create a new virtual machine to install Vista into. There is an option to "Install an OS" in Parallels that will guide you step-by-step on how to install an operating system.

H

hiohokaybye

here dude try to update it first than i can help you, here is the link
http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/beta_testing/

so first you can just open up the parallels, than you go up to the bar on the top of the windows, there will be file, than new, just go to either one of them, but if i were you i'll go w/ the custom and that will do

post back if you have question or it doesnt work.

H

hiohokaybye

I'm using an Out of the Box Vista Business. So it won't work with parallels?

dude i'm asking which version of parallels r u using right now?? if ure using the older one download the newer one! than do wut i instructed you to!

OP
B
Reaction score
I did download the newer one. I did the file new, gave 832 mb for ram. But then it asks me to select the virtual hard disk option. I don't know what to do from here because I was expecting to "Use Boot Camp" but its greyed out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.