Syncing Music

Reaction score
How come whenever I put music onto my ipod from my computer there is always multiple genres of the same type.

For example.....There will be 2 Country genres with different country songs in each "folder"

This also happens with the artists (Yes, the artists names are spelled the same)

Anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
Hmm, yeah sometimes iPods are weird.

Try checking for extra spaces at the end of the Genre or Artist name.

Muse and Muse with a space behind it might be handled differently.

Another cause might be Album artist. Check the field in your songs and see that they are the same/empty across the songs. Try redefining the genre of the country songs by selecting them and choosing "Get Info" from the contextual menu, then fresh-type the genre. (This fresh-type strategy works on other things too, of course).

Hope that helped somewhat.

OP
N
Reaction score
so Id need to go through how ever many thousand songs I have and hand check them to see if there are any extra spaces? Wow that would take forever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
yeah that happens alot, really if i were you i would just leave it, this has happened to my songs and if its just a few i change em but if its alot i forget it...also you can open the browser in itunes and go under genre and just click the to genres that are the same, but different aka space or what not, and then see how many songs are on each and just change the one with less.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4
so Id need to go through how ever many thousand songs I have and hand check them to see if there are any extra spaces? Wow that would take forever.

no. just highlight all the country items and go into the info and make sure the genre says country. same goes for the artist, etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.