Moving up from iBook G3, what path?

Reaction score
I was thinking of moving up from a G3 500 iBook (dual USB white) to something little speedier. I love my iBook, but it is a little lacking in a few departments and due to that I cannot rely on it for everything I would like to. The main things I am looking for in an upward move is good divx playback, dvd capable and a clearer screen. I really don't want anything larger though. I was hoping someone here could make a recommendation. There are some solid looking 13" MacBooks online, but they are still too pricey and do I really need to go that far in upgrading? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
If you dont want to go all the way up to a macbook, get a powerbook g4. They are pretty fast. Look for one that is faster than 1.0 ghz.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I have to agree with G5. G4's are still perfectly capable of running the current OS well. I didn't really know this until yesterday when the G4 I bought finally came, and mine is only 500Mhz. If you get one that is at least 1Ghz, you would be much better off than I am, and I really don't notice that much lag. Photoshop even runs pretty well with only 704 Mb of RAM. For the money, you probably can't beat it!

T

todd51

Have you thought about a Refurbished Macbook? I'm sure they run a decent amount cheaper than a brand new one. You don't get the fancy box, but from what I've seen of previous posts, you might score some extra ram!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.