Bootcamp/ firewire soundcard !

Reaction score
Hi- i have an macbook pro 15" and just installed some bootcamp. i also have an edirol FA101 soundcard. i installed it on the mac partition and it works fine. i tried on the xp side and now i cant get the FA101 to be recognised as a soundcard.. in device manager it shows up, but under audio options it doesnt come up at all, just the internal soundcard of the mac. it can be seen in preference windows in progs like ableton, but not selected.. it all installed ok. i got an update from the roland website to version 1.01 but still no dice.. can anyone help? i just moved from pc to mac and am using old programs until i can afford to buy mac intel ones!

Reaction score
Hey there, did you ever manage to sort out your problem?
I wound up in the same boat and I found a solution that works for me. The problem seems to stem from WinXP SP2

Have a quick read here . The microsoft HotFix at the bottom worked for me.

It's my first post so i'm a little green on the etiquette here. Please shout if I've done something wrong wrt linking to another forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.