• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

msn messenger to be supported in ichat?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram
i remember hearing a rumor a while back saying that when leopard comes out ichat will support msn messenger natively rather than having to go through jabber or whatever its called? how likely is this? i hope its true because it would be great as i cant use webcam since i swapped to mac as all my friends are on msn messenger . . . i havent really ever used ichat because i dont even know anyone else with a mac to use it with! and amsn never works right for me.

i think it would be an excellent move on apples behalf as their main target switcher market seems to be 'younger people' at least in the uk anyway and of course you switch only to realise youve lost a major piece of functionality which is very frustrating

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 (soon to be 2Ghz Macbook), 30g video iPod BLACK
i heard that as well but i would really be surprised if that happened.
you could try this though:
http://www.adiumx.com/

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeh, me too :( shame cause it has aol in already,
i use adium at the moment it just lacks quite a lot of features msn has, but its the best on offer in my opinion

Reaction score
what about amsn or whatever it is called?

I'm having issues with adiumX, and i'm starting to look around for alternatives (that are not M$)

:)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeh i think the ms one is awful!, what issues are you having with adium? i really like it better now v1.0 is out

amsn i didnt get on with found it to be really buggy and ugly, merury messenger is also worth a look but i think its java based and generally quite slow and again not so aesthetically pleasing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i use both AudiumX and amsn.

audium is very reliable and supports growl. but amsn supports A LOT more features like webcam, nudges, winks etc.. but amsn uses a lot of system resorces especialy the cpu. (mainly when on cam)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I so wish a i could make good use of my Isight
Why do microsoft have to be so ignorant, we get a messenger equivilant to windows messenger
No nudges, no winks, no custom emoticons
makes me want to cry lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
It is a shame that most of my IM friends are MSN users - still msn for mac provides basic functionality - which is about all I want anyway - I tried using jabber with iChat - it was ok - but if you don't have the web cam - what's the point?

I really like Adium - it seems very good I think I can be happy with this - aMSN is cool for when you want/need a web cam but it is not very nice to use - I've used it previously as a Linux user and I ended up using gaim as it was less buggy - ah well - what can you do?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
start rumours :p?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.