iBook G4 Airport woes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 dual 1.8 / G4 Dual 867 / iBook G3
got an ibook G4 1.33Ghz here, its the one with the airport that not easily reachable ( eg not behind the keboard and metal sheild or like the powerbooks in the battery compartment ) so is it "totally" onboard? and if so can it be replaced as i can not find any reference to the airport card for this, neither does my service manual cover this model. All the other iBooks are simple as the Airport card is easy to remove/install. But this one appears that the entire iBook has to come apart to access .... But if its not replacable then i'll not bother!

Thanks All!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Does the Airport Extreme in your iBook have issues? If so what is it doing?

OP
adrianmoore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 dual 1.8 / G4 Dual 867 / iBook G3
Opps Yes, When it shows up in profiler, the system will lock up quick. It has been reinstalled with wiping of hard disk, and still when the airport shows up at the top, the system will lock and most times the trackpad will be VERY slow in responding.
When the airport is MISSING then everything works fine.
Have run Apple Hardware test - finds no problem
Have run TTP - Finds no problem
I'm thinking its a duff airport , but it looks like its not easy to remove, and may by now apple would not stock a replacement?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.