How do I REALLY delete MSN Messenger??

Reaction score
I was using MSN Messenger and all of a sudden I got kicked out.
Big deal, happens all the time. But no matter how many times I tried to log in again I couldn't, it says the system is not available now or some non-sense like that. I tried logging in with another account and it worked.
So now i want to REALLY delete messenger and install it again. Like as if it was never installed in my computer, erase all the conversation histories and the display pictures I added and all of those things. How do i do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram
i use cleanapp on my mac i really like it takes a lot of hassle out, its cheap to buy and works really well i think, i had the same problem as you check it out

http://www.synium.de/cleanapp/index.html

Reaction score
To really delete MSN Messenger from a Mac, I had to do the following:
1. Normal uninstall first.
2. After this, I searched for "Microsoft" with Spotlight, and after that I manually deleted the following file:

com.microsoft.Messenger.plist

...and the following folder:

Microsoft Messenger Data

After this MSN couldn't detect any previous versions (or accounts) when re-installed. (Not that re-installing is recommended... ;D )

NOTE: Using advanced uninstall apps didn't seem to work for me.

Reaction score
I use AppTrap its free and it works really well. You just drag an app to the trash and its asks if you want to delete all related files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dumped the Pro's. On my 3rd iMac. Cost me: $3700. Cost Apple (via China) $164. Greedy *******s.
MSN Messenger issues here too.

Same dilemma. Can't find a way to get totally rid of MSN's Messenger. Can anyone share the method used to get it out of my iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dumped the Pro's. On my 3rd iMac. Cost me: $3700. Cost Apple (via China) $164. Greedy *******s.
Unable to find it on my HD. MSN must label it as something totally irrelevant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.