Ram Question

C

CaptainStandish

I'm looking into upgrading the ram in my g5 when it arrives but I'm unsure of what brand of ram to get. I'm looking at either getting crucial or kingston. I've heard great things about crucial and kingston, so the question of either of them being quality ram is not an issue, and the fact that crucial is MUCH cheaper than kingston is attractive, but overall is there a clear winner here? My friend uses kingston and swears by it, but if both are quality ram, then I'd rather save a few bucks and go with crucial as I've heard nothing but good things about them on the forums.

Thanks for your time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Buy it off the Apple website if your not sure. CDW has some... small dogs got more... becareful you dont buy the wrong kind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I think being careful and using Mac only RAM is the safest. I know someone looking for RAM upgrade on an old Mac with 16 (2x 8mb simms) now. Any ideas?

OP
A

adam80

DON"T BUY APPLE RAM TOO EXPENSIVE.

Just go to Crucial.com, half the price and they have a system that you will get the correct ram if you know what computer it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I might consider looking at Crucial, but I may well get any upgrades from Apple to be safe. RAM that isn't right can cause problems

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.