Problem with university wireless internet and airport

Reaction score
My university has an unsecured wireless network. When you open the browser, you're brought to a page where we input our account information and then we can use the internet.

When I'm on OSX, airport shows that I'm connected to the network, but the browser never loads the login page. It just sits there, saying it can't locate the server.

However, when I restart and load XP with bootcamp, I'm able to log on just fine. I can then restart and go back into OSX, and airport will allow me to load the page just fine.

The only way to properly log on is to first do it in XP, restart, and then do it in OSX. If I try in OSX first, I'm not able to gain access to the login page.

Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
try using IE or firefox for your initial login
-chris

OP
R
Reaction score
I've tried with both Firefox and Safari. Firefox keeps giving me the "waiting for reply" message, safari just says it can't find the server. Sorry, I should have said that in the first post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Do you have specific DNS settings or a self-assigned IP address?

Reaction score
Try bookmarking page

This may be way to simple but try bookmarking the page that it pulls up first and then next time it doesnt work try launching it from bookmark.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.