Problem with printing on a pc shared printer from macbook

Reaction score
Hi, I just switched from PC to mac and im very happy with my choice but the printer I use (Canon pixma ip3000) is still connected to the home PC.

I can print from my macbook using my home wi-fi network but the thing is, when im trying to print from my mac the page only prints on a quarter of the paper. I checked every settings possible...

Do anyone know what could cause this kinda problem?

thx a lot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I would suggest making sure you have the latest drivers installed on your Mac. You should be able to get them from Canon's site.

Good luck!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi, I just switched from PC to mac and im very happy with my choice but the printer I use (Canon pixma ip3000) is still connected to the home PC.

I can print from my macbook using my home wi-fi network but the thing is, when im trying to print from my mac the page only prints on a quarter of the paper. I checked every settings possible...

Do anyone know what could cause this kinda problem?

thx a lot

See the link below for a driver for your Pixma ip3000:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=257&modelid=10238

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.