MIA Hard Drive Space

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a G5 that had 130 GB of free space on it and last week I noticed it only had 82 GB free. There's nothing more ot less on it from previous weeks. Where did the space go? I also get the "running out of hard drive space, delete files" error message.

I have tried Disk Inventory X, Omni Disk Sweeper and Cache Out X. I can't find any large file that cold be hogging up the space. Can it be some invisible file or temp files?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks.

Reaction score
G'day Ihaworld & welcome to Mac-Forums.

You didn't mention WhatSize (click for download link), so I thought I'd give it a mention.

I would consider investgating two locations. iMovie and iPhoto's Trash. Both apps have their own Trash and if not emptied once in a while, can become quite bloated. The reason they have their own Trash is that if you delete something but later want to reuse it - you can. You might edit a movie and trash the edits, then want that little bit of movie back again. The same goes for iPhoto.

So, check your Trash's

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.