Need help with AirPort connection

Reaction score
My daughter has a G4 powerbook and is trying to get wi-fi service from a gentleman in her neighborhood. She is not able to pick up his signal. He told her she needs to buy something to put in her laptop to get the signal. Can anyone tell me what she needs to buy or do. She needs to get internet access real soon. Thank you for any advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
she doesnt need to buy anything, there is a wireless card already installed in her machine. She probably cant pickup the signal because the powerbook simply cannot find it, the metal casing limits the range of the antenna to see a signal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
she doesnt need to buy anything, there is a wireless card already installed in her machine.

Not necessarely so. Some older models did not come standard with a card. My gf had one installed on her machine last year or so..I think it wasnt cheap, but not too much more than the cost of the card.
-d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Not necessarely so. Some older models did not come standard with a card. My gf had one installed on her machine last year or so..I think it wasnt cheap, but not too much more than the cost of the card.
-d

Oh I thought all G4s came with them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.