Personal Websites New/Updates, things to see?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Thank you, it's going to be my portfolio site. Still needs work though, I have many more as well

EDIT: here are more
tp://donnypaycheck.com/dev
tp://donnypaycheck.com/dev1
tp://donnypaycheck.com/dev2
tp://donnypaycheck.com/dev3
tp://donnypaycheck.com/dev4
tp://donnypaycheck.com/dev5
tp://donnypaycheck.com/dev6

(outdated links removed)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
check out the sig - got a new player widget we're testing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
I'm having problems with my site and I hope any of you guys can lend a minute to give me a hand.

The problem is is that everyone seems to be having issues when accessing the site, with either Flash buttons not appearing or the index page not loading at all. Unfortunately I am unable to replicate any problems whenever I access the site. The address is w.dstopsky.com (outdated link removed)

Please let me know if run into the same problems. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
dstopsky said:
I'm having problems with my site and I hope any of you guys can lend a minute to give me a hand.

The problem is is that everyone seems to be having issues when accessing the site, with either Flash buttons not appearing or the index page not loading at all. Unfortunately I am unable to replicate any problems whenever I access the site. The address is w.dstopsky.com (outdated link removed)

Please let me know if run into the same problems. Thanks in advance for any help.

Did see one problem - the "home" and "pictures" buttons are missing when you navigate to the individual days of the months, white placeholders are there instead. Index page showed fine. Photos were there.
One question:Are your buttons (home and pictures) identical throughout the site? Point being that on the pages deeper than the month that are missing the buttons the src code starts "2004/images/..." and the code where they are present reads only "images/pictures_button.swf". If you were to strip the ones missing of the year, i.e. "2004/", would they work?
Keep me posted.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
deus_ex_machina said:
Did see one problem - the "home" and "pictures" buttons are missing when you navigate to the individual days of the months, white placeholders are there instead. Index page showed fine. Photos were there.
One question:Are your buttons (home and pictures) identical throughout the site? Point being that on the pages deeper than the month that are missing the buttons the src code starts "2004/images/..." and the code where they're present reads only "images/pictures_button.swf". If you were to strip the ones missing of the year, i.e. "2004/", would they work?
Keep me posted.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I decided to just remove the Flash buttons and replace them with simple HTML ones instead, at least temporarily until I work out the bugs with Flash.

As for the site, it should be working fine now so all please feel free to check it out (content is quite minimal right now because it's currently devoted soley for my photography, but that will change whenever I have the spare time).

M

MartinAustin

One suggestion I have is this ... you already know there are no pictures for Jan 2003, right? Then why make the user travel through your menus to see that? Take out all the buttons that don't apply. Also, when displaying the months on the left, have some content on the right, such as Picture of the Moment. "Whitespace" is your enemy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MartinAustin said:
One suggestion I have is this ... you already know there are no pictures for Jan 2003, right? Then why make the user travel through your menus to see that? Take out all the buttons that don't apply. Also, when displaying the months on the left, have some content on the right, such as Picture of the Moment. "Whitespace" is your enemy.

Yeah, I've been meaning to remove the unused links but I just keep forgetting. Good advice on the "Picture of the Moment." I may add some script that produces a random picture every x hour/day/week or so. Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad to see someone other than myself was able to access the site.

L

lil

This is my site: tp://www.lilserenity.com (outdated link removed)

It's a mixture between personal site and reference.

Stuff about my travels, me, and also my works section which will rapidly grow soon, with my writing and painting/drawing etc

Also lots of Mac stuff planned - it's getting the time though!

Written in hand with Text Wrangler, and tested on Safari and Firefox.

Vicky :flower:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
w.thedayz.com (outdated link removed)

First Ever site on Dreamweaver, put up yesterday!

Feedback Welcome

L

lil

iRule said:
w.thedayz.com (outdated link removed)

First Ever site on Dreamweaver, put up yesterday!

Feedback Welcome

Hey there, way to go - that's a good design!

Man if you saw what my websites looked like when I was 13!!

Mind in those days HTML 2.0 was groundbreaking and it was all done by hand, and everything had bevelled edges!

Keep up the great work and well done.

Vicky :flower:

L

lil

Working on a re-design of my website and this time I have finally cracked it I think!!

I wanted something to exhibit my art and writing portfolio and wanted something nice and minimalistic as well as plenty of screen estate for those on lower resolutions.

This is the result so far (no content carried over yet!)

tp://www.lilserenity.com/beta/main.php (outdated link removed)

(Version 3.2 of the site is still live at tp://www.lilserenity.com (outdated link removed) until the version above (4) goes live).

Vicky 🌻

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Nice sites, everyone!

And Vicky, I liked the descriptions of your trips here (Chicago) and to Sturgis. You've certainly got a great overview of the Midwestern US!

I updated my weblog (outdated link removed) a few times in the past few weeks, so consider this a bump for my sake. :)

L

lil

caribiner23 said:
And Vicky, I liked the descriptions of your trips here (Chicago) and to Sturgis. You've certainly got a great overview of the Midwestern US!

Thanks there! That is very sweet of you, I am glad you enjoyed what descriptions are there, but those write ups are so not completed and I have a whole load of photos to put online but having only just finishged my degree, progress has been slow (yers over a year to write about my trip to the USA in summer '04!)

Either way I will be sure to finish them very soon!

I do love Chicago though, I have many good memories of there and the USA in general. I look forward to returning in the future and this time hiring a car and cruising around, confusing the **** out of everyone with my Brit wackiness and accent :flower:

Will be sure to check your site now too!

Vicky

Reaction score
I'm not really a web designer, but here is the site for my kindergarten classroom
tp://homepage.mac.com/marchionda1/kinderworld (outdated link removed)

Rocco

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
rocco said:
I'm not really a web designer, but here is the site for my kindergarten classroom
tp://homepage.mac.com/marchionda1/kinderworld (outdated link removed)

Rocco

Ha. That's great rocco. I wish I had a website like yours to visit, when I was in kindergarten. Seeing the link title "KinderBlog" made me laugh, great idea.

Oh, and I was never good with the toy shelf, and I was never a good sharer either being an only child. On that thought, I'm still not. :eek:

B

BPetti

Couple of my sites:
For the custom car and truck enthusiasts: (haven't updated it in a while..)
Hop Drop'n Roll Magazine: http://www.hdrmagazine.com

Just started it last week. I wanted to start this project to help people find legal iPod videos.. Pretty easy concept.
tp://www.iPodVideoPost.com (outdated link removed)

And for the Guitar players, this is going to be another place for you all to find guitar tablature. Site is *work in progress*

tp://www.guitar-tab.us (outdated link removed)

FYI: They are all hosted on Macs..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I updated my weblog on Friday with photos of the White Sox parade that took place here.

w.jtl.us (outdated link removed)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The latest episode of the 4th Time Around podcast is up and downloadable through iTunes or right here (outdated link removed).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.