Personal Websites New/Updates, things to see?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey folks. This area been quiet for a while. Anyone have personal websites they'd like to share? I'm sure there's got to be some cool one's out there!:)

- Nick

p.s. As long as they're personal websites and not for profit websites. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
Hey folks. This area been quiet for a while. Anyone have personal websites they'd like to share? I'm sure there's got to be some cool one's out there!:)

- Nick

p.s. As long as they're personal websites and not for profit websites. Thanks

Didn't know this thread existed. Oh, well. Here's mine. Quite a small forum consisting of a few friends sharing musical ideas. Basically we chat about what we are playing and give/receive recommendations as to what to buy next. So long as it's about music, nothing is off the table.

Home | MusicShack (outdated link removed)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Home | MusicShack (outdated link removed)
I think I just found the place where I will be wasting many hours once school is out for the summer break.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks guys for sharing the personal websites. Nice!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
I published my first web page in 1996. It was hosted by the old Sierra Club BBS which was called "Portal" (cup.portal.com). The first page was a guide to what to do on a long layover in Narita, Japan. My second page, also hosted on Portal, was a guide to the island of Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands where I was living at the time. (Portal got its name from the town of El Portal, The Gateway to Yosemite.)

The original Narita Layover page is here: Old Narita Layover Page

The original Saipan page is here: Saipan Page

My current homepage: Mike Newman

For those interested in Internet history, my account with Portal was a unix shell account. Access to Portal was via an X.25 PAD (dial up) that I had installed on Saipan for my work. Software on the Mac included Mac Terminal, Mac SLiRP and MacTCP. On the shell account my web browser was Lynx. On the Mac we got MacWeb in the mid-90s. It could display GIFs inline, but JPEGs had to be downloaded and viewed separately.

Enough nonsense from an old man.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.