• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Guardian Mac article

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I hate Macs. I have always hated Macs. I hate people who use Macs. I even hate people who don't use Macs but sometimes wish they did. Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centres for adults; computers for scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

I say small mind at work there!

However I did enjoy the article all the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Poor little man, this really isn't something he should be getting so upset about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
Bet he's just trolling for fun to see what kind of laughable hatemail he'll receive from the hardcore Mac fanboys :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
When I sit down to use a Mac, the first thing I think is, "I hate Macs", and then I think, "Why has this rubbish aspirational ornament only got one mouse button?"

Obviously last used a Mac 10 years ago.

Ignoranous

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
"Why has this rubbish aspirational ornament only got one mouse button?"

wow. he is an idiot for thinking macs still only have one mouse button. Macs have had two buttons for a wile now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
haha, I love when people go on a rant like that. Complaining about a single button mouse? Well, he hasn't used OSX much then (if at all) and probably hadn't used the mighty mouse either.

People like that are just too narrow minded to be told otherwise. Personally, I don't try to convince them otherwise - I'd rather have people like that stumble along in the stone age :p Same with iPod haters - they know the apple product is superior (though there are some pretty darn amazing other mp3 players out there :)) but pride prevents them from being adventurous.

I suppose it's better that the guy doesn't use macs, and only complains a little, than gives it a go and complains a lot more because it doesn't do things the same way windows does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
Agreed. I think it's just trolling for hate-mail. Some of the responses are pretty funny. Just seems odd to be so vitriolic over a computer preference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Charlie Brooker is an excellent writer... agree or disagree, it's well written, funny, to the point and even thogh I am a Mac user and admirer, I can see some truth in what he has to say.

Shame the Guardian Readers' sense of humour is, again, sadly lacking.

BTW, if you're unfamiliar with the actors or the show he references, you won't get the point of the article. In the US, people are far less cynical than in the UK and Mac does come across as 'Cool'. In the UK, Mac comes across as a self aggrandising and arrogant (US virtues... but not European ones).

Very interesting...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo
I agree in a way about the mouse button thing...

I have a Mighty Mouse which is great (when the right button works), but why oh why do they only put one button on the Macbooks? (yeah, I do use the two-finger tap, but still...).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I agree in a way about the mouse button thing...

I have a Mighty Mouse which is great (when the right button works), but why oh why do they only put one button on the Macbooks? (yeah, I do use the two-finger tap, but still...).

Any old USB mouse will still work though, so it's no big issue. Whenever I wanted to play games that needed a 2 button mouse, I'd just 'borrow' my brother's old PC mouse.

Alternatively, I have my graphics tablet, which is much faster than a mouse anyway, and has buttons for double click and right click as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I work in a house for psychiatric patients, they love to do that, they insult you without knowing what they are talking about just to get your attention. I wonder if he forgot to take his meds...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.