Macky frozen after I woke him up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I think my MacBook farted....

I opened the lid, touch the trackpad and the arrow didn't move. I think my mac froze:eek:neye: I pushed the power button for awhile, turned off, then turned it back on. All is fine and dandy now...How weird...

Just thought I'd share :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I hate all those unexplainable little annoyances. I opened mine while it was sleeping yesterday, touched the trackpad and nothing. Clicked the button, nothing. Pressed space bar and up it came. Minor enough not to worry about but makes you wonder what's going on. See how you go over the next few days I suppose...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Mine does it occasinally, however ive found most of the time if you wait a few seconds and tap the power button, it shows up :)

Its just our Macs reminding us not to take them for granted and that we should show them lots of love :p

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0 ghz core duo 2. 2gb ram ddr2, 60gb hard drive, superdrive. ipod video 30gb. Iphone
mac freezing

mine sometimes does that. with my macbook sometimes you need to hold the power button down for a bit. made me panic tho .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Hmm, just turned mine on and it had a flashing planet earth in the centre of the screen... pressed the power button and it died and has now started ok. Anyone know what the icon means?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You selected network startup in the system preferences startup disk options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Cheers for explaining what it means but I don't even know how to do that... strange.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
The only time i've had my macbook freeze was when I was calibrating the battery and let the battery die(and have the comp go to sleep for 5+ hours) and then plug in the charger. When I woke it up, nothing seemed to work. Restarting fixed it though.

Reaction score
I am having a similar, but recurring problem like this. I let the MacBook go to sleep on battery power, unatended overnight. The battery drained and computer was off when I woke up. It probably sat for at least 5 hors in this condition. This morning it wouldn't even turn on. I plugged in the AC adapter and let it fully charge. i began using it on battery power alone and was working fine. I left the desk for a few minutes and returned to find the system in sleep mode. I moved the trackpad and nothing happened. I pressed the space bar, still nothing. I pressed the power button, nothing. I held the button for a few seconds and a menu appeared asking if I wanted to shut down/restart/etc. But the computer would not respond. The track pad and keyboard both were non-responsive. I rebooted and all seemed well, but the same thing happened again. After a few tries, I removed the battery completely for about 10 minutes, re-instlled it and boted up. Seemed to fix the problem. But alas, it is happening again. I am fed up! What is going on here?? I am out of ideas. I looked in the power settings and saw nothing unusual. Anyone have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
This happens every three months or so on my PowerBook. It seems (to me, anyway) that a PMU reset (or SMC reset) resolves this.
The Power Manager is an integrated circuit (computer chip) that is usually on the logic board of the PowerBook and iBook. As the name implies, it is responsible for power management of the computer. It controls backlighting, hard disk spin down, sleep and wake, some charging aspects, trackpad control, and some input/output as it relates to the computer sleeping.

Over time, the settings in the Power Manager may become unusable, which can result in operational anomalies with the computer. Examples include not turning on, not waking from sleep, not charging the battery, or not seeing the AC Adapter, among others.
(It's one of the many reasons I'm fond of suggesting a PMU reset for any type of power-on trouble.)

But maybe it's just me wanting to feel like I've fixed it. It's such an intermittent problem that it's hard to tell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I've had this too! Interestingly enough, my wireless mighty mouse can move the cursor around... but nothing responds to clicking.... so i just restart and the prob goes away for a few weeks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.