adium update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
hello everyone,

2 weeks ago when i got my macbook i downloaded adium. Since i was always a windows user downloading on a mc was different. anyways i figured out what to click on , what to trash and what to eject. I added adium to the dock and all is fine.

So today i open adium and it tells me there is an update, i download it, as always i got a .dmg file on my desktop and a disk. so i clicked on the disk image and it showed me the new version of adium and all is well so i deleted the dmg file and ejected the disk from the finder.

When i did that adium disapeared, its not in my application folder. If i spot search it i find the history of what i did with it plus the adium folder which contains plugins........blah blah blah, but i cant find the adium(green duck) icon which u click on to start the application.(previous to the update the duck icon was in my application folder)

I thought i figured out the download process in a Mac but apperantly not.

What did i do wrong?

your help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
just reopen the dmg(or redl it) then drag the duck icon into the applications folder and click replace all

OP
Mactime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank you very much for ur help, the only thing i didnt see anywhere where i had to click on replace all.

T

todd51

Well you didn't have to click "replace all" which meant that you didn't have Adium installed when you re-downloaded it. Somehow you must have forgotten to drag the new update into your applications folder and deleted the one you had installed.

No biggie though as long as you just re-downloaded it and reinstalled it. All should be good!

OP
Mactime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you are right, when i downloaded the update but didnt drag it into my application(still thinking that i have it installed) i deleted the old version.

thanks for ur help all is well now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.