Screen Lid not level when closed?

Reaction score
I just bought an apple macbook pro 15''. There is a gap of 2-3mm on the left hand side when the screen is closed. The right hand side closes perfectly with no gap. I phoned apple and they told me that this is normally acceptable and is a good thing really as sometimes if the lid closes tightly you can get the mark of the keys on the screen.I have read other posts about this issue of a gap but mine is only on one side and feels as if the screen has not been balanced when fitted.

T

todd51

That's the same side and same amount on mine, I know it can be an annoyance at first and it'll seem like that's the only thing you can concentrate on, but don't worry, nothing is wrong with it and you'll soon forget about it.

Or forget about it till these types of posts come up again.

Reaction score
I just grabbed my screen and twisted it to make it fit better . . .

Reaction score
Twisted macBook screen

I just grabbed my screen and twisted it to make it fit better . . .

Hi, and sorry to disturb you! But can you please tell me how exactly did you grabbed your screen and twisted it to make it fit better . . . on your macBook ?!!
I tried it once but not effectively because I was afraid a little bit of breaking it, etc !!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.