Please help..quick question

Reaction score
Sorry to bother you, but I am a little worried I might have hurt my macbook. I was about to import a CD and had the macbook on my lap. My mother called for me so I moved the macbook from my lap to my night table and a buzzing sound came from the drive. At this point the copying process stopped and it did not want to cancel out. The cd did not want to eject either. I had to hold down the power till it shutdown the hard way and then I held the eject button when I started it. I got a blank screen for a bit then the disk popped out.

Did I damage my baby in any way?

Thanks

T

todd51

Does your Macbook boot up properly now that you have the CD out? It could have just been a really cheap CD. I noticed that some CDs in my MBP are really touchy when I move the machine around, you can notice differences in noise levels.

As long as your Macbook is still working fine I don't think you have anything to worry about :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2 Gigs RAM and Macbook 2 Ghz CD 1 Gig RAM
Yeah, mine does this too.. just don't move it around too much with a CD in the drive. It has never caused any problems but might screw up a burn process.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Everything is as it should be. I just thought I might have broken something.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.