Web Browsers

Reaction score
I use both safari and firefox for different reasons.

Safari sometimes does funny things with sites and displays sections of text as junk and also does not correctly work in some e-commerce applications.

So I've found Firefox much more reliable... until recently!

All of a sudden firefox stopped playing my movie files.

So I reinstalled Flash player, and it works fine. But then when I close Firefox and reopen, the Flash player doesn't seem to be working any more. So I try reinstalling again, and everything seems to be fine, but, yep - you guessed it, when I close and reopen Firefox, not working again!!

Well, this is a problem and I have no idea how 2 fix it! There must be a way to fix it. Can anyone steer me in the right direction towards a working solution?

I'm running a G4 1.67GHz PB

Please help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I'm currently using Shiira ver. 2.2 I just like the feel of it even though I still have FireFox installed.

Dex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 ghz C2D 4 GB RAM
I'm currently using Shiira ver. 2.2 I just like the feel of it even though I still have FireFox installed.
word. shiira is like a lite safari. :D

Reaction score
help please. looking for safari 2. yes, 2

(im new to the forums, so if this isnt the place to ask this, im sorry)

im looking for anyone that has Safari version 2 and heres why:

i have a 6 year old, 800 mhz. 256 mb ram eMac running 10.4.11
yes, i know, it should not be running 10.4.11 and it needs waaaay more memory. but im used to it running things very sluggishly. when i updated from 10.4.10 to .11 the download included safari 3 and updated my 2 to 3. problem is that my computer cant run safari 3. at all. luckily i have a copy of firefex installed for just this sort of occasion. however firefox takes several minutes to start up on my computer and runs extremely slow for basic tasks such as tab switching and opening a new tab. safari 2 ran great (still slow, but thats just the computer) it didnt hog too much of what little memory i have and it was extremely stable. ive tried to get safari 2 back on my own and i cant find any copies of it on the internet. i was hoping someone with an aging mac that still has safari 2 could help me. or anyone that knows where i could get safari 2.

any help will be appreciated

thanks in advance

Z&J

Reaction score
I like Safari too but it doesn't allow me to revise items on my ebay auctions? So weird. Took me a week to figure this out. I need to use Firefox or another browser to do any changes once an auction is posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I like Safari too but it doesn't allow me to revise items on my ebay auctions? So weird. Took me a week to figure this out. I need to use Firefox or another browser to do any changes once an auction is posted.

I didn't know that about Safari and eBay. I'll have to check it out next time I list something.
I've love Safari until recently I've been having it shut down when I'm in the middle of surfing. I can get right back on the internet, but irritating!
Then, it started not playing YouTube videos. They just sit there like they need to buffer for a very long time. So looks like my Safari is having problems.
I could try another browser, but seems they all have similar problems. So I don't know which one I'd try.

M

MacHeadCase

Carol, I read that in most cases the solution to YouTube videos not playing is downloading and installing the latest version of Flash from Adobe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz CD 2GB RAM; iPhone
Firefox 3 Beta 2....love it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Carol, I read that in most cases the solution to YouTube videos not playing is downloading and installing the latest version of Flash from Adobe.

Thanks MHC, I'll try it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB RAM, 120GB hard drive
I use firefox because it's what I used with windows and it's what I'm used to. And I really love all the ad-ons (especially the dictionary/spell checker and ad block).

I haven't used safari a lot - I just always go for FF. But yesterday I tried it for a bit and it's actually slower than FF for me. I was expecting it to be faster.
I like it much better than IE (I refuse to use IE), but not as good (IMO) as firefox.

Reaction score
I can't see why people look for alternatives to Safari, I've used IE and Firefox and I still think Safari is the best.

Reaction score
I can't see why people look for alternatives to Safari, I've used IE and Firefox and I still think Safari is the best.

Although Safari on the PC is terrible, crashes all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB RAM, 120GB hard drive

Because Firefox is great. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Safari is the best, and the fastest. At least in my case.

Reaction score
i think that safari is the best browser without discussion. But there are so many browers i do not know. thank you for sharing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air, pro ipad air
Firefox 2

Is anybody else having problems with FF2 and mac ? I must admit I do tend to have multiple pages open at once but the pages are taking ages to load. I have had FF for ages now and never really experienced this slow down and hanging of pages.

I have now switched to Safari and there is a world of difference, even windows is quicker (using bootcamp) than FF. I even uninstalled/re installed Firefox and still the same problem

I did try the firefox 3RC but as I use a lot of flash pages it is no good (although mighty quick on others)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black iPod Video 30GB | Black macbook 2.2 gHz 1GB RAM 160 GB hard drive
Firefox 3
safari is good as well for my second place

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 Ghz - 4Gig Ram - iPod 60gig Black - iPhone 3GS Black 32gig
FF3 plus GrApple Yummy theme - used to be a Safari Fan but finding the FF to be quicker.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
I understand that there has been some concerns with multiple online merchants and commercial entities regarding Safari's security, and doing business online. Anyone knows if those issues have been identified and resolved by Apple? This is an area that gives me pause in terms of using Safari for anything other than occassional use.

Reaction score
i used camino for a while when i first got my mac, then i started using safari...because it rocked. firefox 2 didn't seem as good on it.

i used safari for like a year until firefox 3 came out. it's a better browser by far...extensions. don't like the default theme? change it. there's plenty to choose from on there. plus, it's just as fast, if not fast than safari and is compatible with more sites.

firefox 3 ftw.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.