Adium Messenger

Reaction score
Is there a way to have pop up window type thing when someone signs in, like what MSN Messenger does when someone signs in/sends you a message.

I have looked through the options and haven't seen it anywhere.

Is this not possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You need to install Growl. Its a notification program, its bundled with Adium, but works with hundreds of programs. Whenever someone logs on, or you get a message, it pops up a little window.

OP
L
Reaction score
You need to install Growl. Its a notification program, its bundled with Adium, but works with hundreds of programs. Whenever someone logs on, or you get a message, it pops up a little window.

Thanks stretch, this seems like the ideal thing - however I can't work out how to install this 'Growl' thing. It downloads as a zip file and I don't understand where or how I implement this into Adium?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you have to have growl launch at start up.. other then that its in the adium preferences weather or not you want it to interact with growl

OP
L
Reaction score
For some reason, I am a complete n00b with this. I have Growl installed, and I have downloaded the notification thing from adiumxtras, but still can't get it working :| :|

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.