iMac G3 Won't boot after xpostfacto

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently got my new G3 iMac and with me being an inexperienced mac user, I decided to try using xpostfacto, and ebled the l2/l3 cache tweak. However, the results have been disasterous. I now get a kernel panic just after the boot screen dissapears. I need to resolve this issue as soon as possible and without the help of an OS X CD/DVD as I didn't get one with the Mac, and can't afford one and probably won't be able to this year. Please tell me there is a way of resolving this without that media.

Thanks for your kindness, cooperation and help

HougTimo

M

MacHeadCase

Hi hougtimo.

I know you don't want to hear this, but since you wrote it in your post, I think you already know the answer: you need the original install disks that came with the iMac or you need to buy a full install OS X version. There is no other way out of this.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
XpostFacto is an application that helps you install OS X on unsupported hardware. As MacHeadCase stated, you will need the install media to continue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.