Ahhh, the noise.. help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x
Wow, I just heard the scariest sound in the world. I went to burn a CD in iTunes, but after I put the CD in, I heard a load sound come from the disk drive.. and after 20 seconds of it I hit the power button. I dont know what caused it, but if anything like that happens again.. is there any Ctrl Alt Delete style techniques you can use to get out without having to reboot? Also, does anybody know what could have made that go off? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
it could have been the type of disc. some very cheap discs make horrible noices.

for a ' ctrl + alt + del ' on mac open activity monitor or go down to your dock and right click on the application and click quit or force quit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
command-option-escape to bring up the 'Force Quit' dialog if you can't get it to respond.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.