Google Earth

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is useing Google Earth on their Mac. I downloaded it on my one remaining PC and it basicly took over my browser. I dont want the same issues with my Macs. I did see that MacWorld magazine gave it a 4 mouse rating so I figure its safe but I wanted to ask some of you.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Just wondering if anyone is useing Google Earth on their Mac. I downloaded it on my one remaining PC and it basicly took over my browser. I dont want the same issues with my Macs. I did see that MacWorld magazine gave it a 4 mouse rating so I figure its safe but I wanted to ask some of you.

Thanks in advance.

I use it, works great.. its also fast on my machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I've used it several times with no problem. No browser take-overs here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I use it, and love it. It runs as a completely separate application - so anything you do in Google Earth, stays in Google Earth. Very cool app indeed, and very useful for me. I had heaps of fun finding places in Japan I visited - even recognised individual shops and houses. Great fun.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
On PC, did you choose to install Google toolbar? That's probably why it got into your browser.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.