My Review of Parallels Release Candidate 3150

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
A few weeks ago, I posted a review of Parallels Beta 3036. With the release of 3150, I have written a new review. Enjoy:
http://www.windowsonthemac.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24

Very good review and I agree with your assessment. In fact, for being beta software, Parallels latest incarnation is incredibly stable. Thus far, I've run into very little difficulty. The same can not be said for VMWare Fusion, but in their defense, the have not labeled it a "release candidate" yet.

The most impressive feature, aside from "coherence" mode is the new drag-and-drop file transfer functionality. This allows users to easily transfer data back and forth between the Mac and Windows desktops. Very impressive in light of the limited NTFS compatibility on MacOS.

At first, I thought I would ride VMWare Fusion out until the end of its beta life. But the new features in Parallels were compelling enough to make the switch now. Considering the semi-steep asking price of $79 (download), the beta RC is well worth the money. I'm not sure that I would have felt the same way about the current release, however.

Thanks for linking to this review. +rep :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, I'm running the latest RC using my boot camp partition and coherence and it's brilliant...

OP
H
Reaction score
Aptmunich, it's like indescribable. I never could have imagined this sort of well...coherence with Windows. Anyone have thoughts of the rumors of Apple buying Parallels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I doubt it to be honest..

Apple likes the fact that there are options available for compatibility reasons, but they wouldn't want to "water down" the mac experience too much by including Windows support themselves...

OP
H
Reaction score
Good point. I think it'll be interesting to see how many people are now buying Macs because they can run Windows too. Between VMWare Final, Boot Camp Final, and Parallels 2, I bet they'll be a decent number.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.