Context Menu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Now, I'm used to context menus changing after installing programs. However, after installing Photoshop, I got a HUGE list of new options when I right-click on a picture and select "Open With". The problem is that I don't need 99% of them.

Now, I know how to get rid of them in Windows, but have no clue how to get rid of certain options in Mac OS X. Something simple please, I don't feel like using the Terminal unless I absolutely have to.

OP
Kash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nobody knows the answer to this question? If I can't change this, I'm finally going to have an entry for the "Cons" list when comparing Mac OS X and Windows.

Reaction score
Macintosh HD>Library>Contextual Menus
YourUserName>Library>Contextual Menus

These are the two locations I know of where you might be able to remove the items bothering you. To be safe ... relocate them first and if there are no problems you can safely delete them.

OP
Kash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The first path was empty and the second one only has something called "Path Finder CM.plugin"

Reaction score
Take a look at this thread.

It seems that Adobe Creative Suite also places a ton of options in the contextual menu. Maybe you need to do a Spotlight search on one of those options to see if you can track down its location on your HD.

M

MacHeadCase

I searched for those on my hard drive out of curiosity after replying in the thread you link us to Pulse and never could find those Contextual Menu Items.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.