Aaaaaauuuuuuuuuuugggggggghhh

S

StarManta

So there i was.
Playing StarCraft.
Minding my own business.

AND SOME RETARD THROWS A STICK OF DEODORANT AT ME AND BREAKS MY **** POWERBOOK SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

So.... to make this thread have a point.... what are the odds AppleCare will fix it?

And how much leeway do i have, legally, for punching the retard(s) in the face?
Repeatedly?
With brass knuckles?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
StarManta: I'm so sorry, that really blows. :(

Sorry, I don't think you can legally punch anyone in the face. (I come from a long line of lawyers).

P.S.: For the record, what kind of deodorant was it? I shall never buy that brand again. :rolleyes:

OP
T

TylerMoney

Umm...I don't know...it's worth a try....don't mention the deotorant?????....it was just broken?????

OP
S

StarManta

Obviously I'm not going to mention the deodorant....
(It was Right Guard, and here's the kicker - IT WAS MY OWN STICK.)

By the way... I've been pleasantly surprised. Since yesterday most of the dead pixels have returned to life.... the only visual evidence anything happened is the "crater" in the middle. I'm gonna call this screen "Jesus".

OP
S

StarManta

Do the powerbooks have some kind of magical healing screens? The crater has been getting less and less prominent through the day.... It's at the point now where, if Apple won't fix it, I'd be okay with living with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
maybe your powerbook is magically morhping, from the deodorant. it has super-human.. err computer powers. sooner or later, it will start healing other computers. :)

OP
S

StarManta

My computer is a SUPERHERO!
But it still has a big crater in it.
I call the crater Beagle II.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
leave the screen open as much as possible that will give it time time to readjust itself. When I had some dings in my monitor from my keyboard (somebody sat on my PB by accident) i left my screen open for about a weeka and it was back to normal

OP
S

StarManta

Ah, that makes sense.... but I doubt that'll get rid of Beagle II. I've been looking at replacing the screen, (went up to the Apple store today, and that was no go) and I found a bunch of screens on ebay for ~$180. Are there any guides out there for replacing the screen if I decide to do that?

OP
E

esims75

StarManta said:
what are the odds AppleCare will fix it?

StarManta,

My husband knocked my PLUGGED IN Powerbook off the bed, he broke the power cord, the latch on the front, AND somehow damaged the logic board, causing the laptop to begin freezing and the firewire port to stop working.

I took my PB to an authorized Apple Dealer, told him that my husband knocked it off the bed and what was broken. He checked that I had Apple care and the fixed it, no questions asked.

Now I wouldn't recommend explaining about the deodorant, but if I were you, I'd give it a shot with AppleCare before spending money to get it repaired. You never know, they just might take care of it.

Good luck
Elaine

OP
S

StarManta

I went up to the apple store the other day and that was no go. I'm going to buy a screen off ebay (~$200) and fix it myself whenever I get money.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.