• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I Got My Tax Return!!!! (new Mbp!!!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz Core2Duo MacBook Pro /// 2.2Ghz Core2Duo MacBook
Erm...

Sorry for the excitement, but I just ordered a refurbished 17" C2D MBP. After tax it was still under $2500, so I'm pretty stoked. My wife was glad that I found one on refurb instead of buying new, because I saved several hundred dollars. It should be here between the 7th and 13th. I can't wait!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
Congratulations, sir! I'm sure it'll be a wonderful addition to your family.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Erm...

Sorry for the excitement, but I just ordered a refurbished 17" C2D MBP. After tax it was still under $2500, so I'm pretty stoked. My wife was glad that I found one on refurb instead of buying new, because I saved several hundred dollars. It should be here between the 7th and 13th. I can't wait!!!

$2500 tax return? nice. I need to get something changed mine are never that high.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
I give mine to Meals on Wheels.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
congrats! 17" screens on a laptop are pretty handy! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Man.. I'm jealous.. Congrats though.. I can't wait to get my tax return.. It's going to take a nice chunk 'o change off the cost of either a G5 PowerMac or something similar. w00t for 3D Design/Photoshop!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
why do u get a tax return lol

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch macbook, 2.16 GHz intel core 2 duo, 1GB 667 MGz DDR2 SDRAM
why do u get a tax return lol

Tax return? Income Tax return? Tomatoe, tomahtoe.. I file my taxes every year just like every other hard working, 18+ year old Canadian citizen, and every year, I get a chunk of money from the government back. Since I have more to claim this year, I get more back. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't understand the concept of tax returns, if they are going to give you money back, why don't they just take less?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, you can adjust it any way you want to compensate for all sorts of variables at any income level. some people, like myself can't be trusted to have a reasonable bank balance come tax time, or who are living check-to-check, and want to be safe, or even use it as a sort of savings plan (though you lose interest on the money while the IRS is sitting on it).

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
heh...

eric & I have yet another thing in common. I had to immediately transfer $2000 to savings to keep from going completely broke. I spent $2500 in less than 5 minutes after finding out my tax return hit the bank. :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ha!

my wife and i have been milking what had been left of our last return... we're almost completely drained. it's a delicate balance determining what can be an immediate expenditure and what needs to go into the savings account, which should really just be dubbed the auxilliary tank.

horrible thing is, i make a decent living. not huge bucks, but many times minimum wage. i can't see how minimum wage living is even remotely possible anymore unless you're willing to live kibbutz style with 10 other people.

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know exactly where you are coming from. I don't make much (if you exclude my re-enlistment bonus), but if you figure it out on a 40-hr week, I make several times minimum wage as well, although certainly less than $50/hr. I make enough for my wife & I to live comfortably, but all bills including rent, food, insurance, car payment, etc. come out to barely $1500/mo.

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
w00t! My MBP got here while I was at work.

It's a good thing my wife didn't go anywhere today. :)

OP
nukemm
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Weee...

First post from the new MBP! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.