How uninstall app in System Preferences?

Reaction score
i m trying to remove growl from the System Preferences but i have no idea how to uninstall it at all. i disabled it and somehow it enabled itself again.

how can i uninstall it completely from my system?

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, tommyswf.

You say you disabled it: how did you do this? Do you have it still in your startup items?

Did you do a spotlight search to drag into the trash all the Growl bits you still have left in your system?

OP
T
Reaction score
Welcome to Mac-Forums, tommyswf.

You say you disabled it: how did you do this? Do you have it still in your startup items?

Did you do a spotlight search to drag into the trash all the Growl bits you still have left in your system?

I mean i disabled Growl, yes i did. search it on spotlight and deleted it but it still working.

M

MacHeadCase

Thanks for the precision.

Maybe the Growl user forum can help you out on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Re download growl, there is an uninstaller application that comes with it.

In the future when removing preferences with out uninstallers just right click and select remove.

M

MacHeadCase

That was my second guess Ben that Growl might have its own uninstaller. Thanks for posting this heads up.

This member might have problems re-installing Growl if there are bits sill left behind though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.