iBook G3 500Mhz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
try www.newegg.com

they usually beat everyones prices.

newegg is always a good place to check. It's where I have gone 1st for about 4 years now, and most of the time they end up with my $$$.

As for your memory, personally just cannot recommend buying what some sites call OEM memory. Just have seen too many problems over the years with friends trying to save a buck on RAM. OEM in this case just means they are buying the cheapest memory they can find and it will be from different manufacturers at different times. So they call it OEM instead of having to update their page with the proper information regarding specific RAM.

For my part would definitely pay an extra 1/3 to 1/2 more for one of the more well respected manufacturers. Crucial, Corsair, Mushkin and a very few others. As I am new to the Mac world, and almost all the recommendations I've seen here have been Crucial, this would be my first tendency and they are a respected manufacturer of RAM. Just remember if your memory doesn't work, your computer doesn't work, and to me this makes it worth while spending the extra money on this piece of hardware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.