Fan makes noise when playing video games..

Reaction score
Is it common for the MbookPro fan to start going crazy as soon as I start play computer games such as World of warcraft on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.0Ghz(CD)/512/80/128MB VRAM/15"
Mindshock,

If its a standard whooshing noise thats nothing to worry about. the MBP fans start making audible noise around 4500RPM. if its a buzzing sound you might have a slipping bearing (fan dieing) and you should call apple about that. Laptop fans are expensive so i hope for your sake you have applecare, if not your probably looking at 50-75$ (CDN) plus about a half hour to an hour's worth of labour.

Reaction score
Yeah, mine blows like crazy when I am running SecondLife. It's the graphics rendering heating up the processor I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
fans are meant to make noise, im sure you have nothing to worry about while running a game.

Reaction score
yeah fans always make noise,, it makes noise when im rendering videos and graphics, it makes noise when i play games like warcraft or WoW, it even makes noise when i use an emulator like VBA. The powerbook also gets incredibly heated up,,, i nearly burnt my finger once touching the bottome of the screen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.