Converting entourage to outlook?

Reaction score
Hey everybody. I've gone from PC laptop to mac back to a PC laptop again, but I'm now using my PC laptop for work only and just bought myself a new MBP for my own personal use at home. I'm running Parallels and just installed my copy of Office 2003. I also have Office 2004 installed for OSX, but I'd like to import all of my entourage e-mails into my windows outlook. Can anybody lead me towards a solution? The simpler and cheaper (preferably free) the better! Thanks!

Reaction score
Hey,
You could do it via an IMAP mail box. Open up a free account on aim.com, set it up for IMAP access in Entourage and simply drag/drop your mail to the IMAP account. Then set it up for Outlook and synchronize.
Klaus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Can Outlook import standard MBX formatted email? A little known fact about Entourage is that if you simply drag n drop email from Entourage to your desktop (or in fact any Finder window) it exports it on the fly to MBX format. Almost any email program worth its salt will then import that seamlessly. I am not sure if this works for entire boxes of email, but it certainly works email by email.

By the way, the dragged file has an extension of .eml. If you open it up and have a look, it is actually standard MBX format. You may need to retitle it to .mbx to get it to import properly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.