Layering Photo's in iphoto?

Reaction score
Is there a way to lay one photo over the other in IPhoto. Forgive my ignorance, I don't know the correct art term. If not, what programs can I do this with.
Thanks,
-Greg P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
iPhoto isn't able to do this. I consider it an organiser and viewer rather than an editor.

Seashore (possibly.....) and GIMP are two free apps that should be able to do this. Google them and you'll find them in no time. Be aware that for GIMP to run, you will need to install X11 from your software install CD that would have come with your mac. Probably the easiest way, is to find the dimensions of the photo (this can be done through finder - column view will tell you this) and use these dimensions to create a new document, but double the width dimensions to accommodate both photos. Just bring them in side by side then, and save them (personally, I'd export as .tif, as you'll get a great quality image - if the images are already .jpg, saving again as a .jpg will add another round of compression - not so good)

Reaction score
I made the attached pic simply by using NeoOffice, importing two images one at a time - on top of each other and then altering the transparancy of the top image till the bottom showed through. The I just take a screenshot, Shift+Command+4.

See I work more with Word Processing Apps so I know these things. I'm absolutely hopeless trying to learn the Gimp or equivalent cos I just don't do much image work.

When I'm helping my son with his homework and he needs images, we do this. An image with 90% transparance behind text looks impressive!

If you need to learn to use a dedicated graphics app then this isn't the way to go. It suits me and I thought it might suit you if this is a one-off.

OP
P
Reaction score
I'd like these 2 pics to be side by side for comparison purposes.
IMG_0256.jpg

S2Manifold.jpg

If someone could do this, I would be very grateful.:black:

Reaction score
Click on image then drag it to your desktop from the new window that appears.

Small:

Large:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.