Apple Care

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" CD iMac and black C2D MacBook
My Intel Imac is just about to celebrate its 1st birthday. Is it worthwhile spending the money on Apple Care before it falls out of warranty?

Thanks!

Reaction score
G'day Pigchops & welcome to Mac-Forums,

This is a hard one ... I had 4 repairs in my 1st 10 mths so I had no option but to go for the Extended Care before the 1st year expired. I'm presuming you've had a clean run with your Intel ... I've read that if a computer will break down it'll do it in the first 12 months. I know it's a lot of money to spend but for me it was worth it based on the cost of the mac in the first place versus the cost of possible repairs like new Logic Board, new LCD screen etc. Those can be very expensive and Apple don't seem to repair anything, it's chuck out the old and bring in the new.

Reaction score
Can you get an education discount? That knocks the price down to $119. Pretty affordable for 3 years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
My Intel Imac is just about to celebrate its 1st birthday. Is it worthwhile spending the money on Apple Care before it falls out of warranty?

Thanks!

I personally suggest you get it.. I have had issues with my powerbook and my wife's. The issues came to light in the 13th month of owning them. the total parts and labor on both computers was more than the $700 I spent on applecare..

Do you feel lucky? thats what it basically comes down to.. You can buy it and not have a worry if something goes wrong or you can not buy it and roll the dice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.