logitech s530

Reaction score
i am trying to get the control center to work on my computer. i have os 10.4.8. and i installed the control center and it says that i needto contact the developer of this software. so i called logitech and they told me to go into safe mode and it should work and it still isnt working. anyone know of anything i can do? i have downloaded the software from the logitech site also and it does the samething.. please help!!!

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, kawaoka.

Ahh I recognize Logitech and their lousy Mac support from your story. You might need to invest in a third-party mouse driver or return the mouse, if it's new and get one that has good Mac support.

If you want to keep the mouse and look into third-party mouse drivers, I would suggest SteerMouse.

OP
K
Reaction score
its not necessarily the mouse. its more the key board. it has all these buttons on the side for mail, itunes, iphoto, etc. i cant get to configure them so they will actually work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
What kind of Mac do you have? I am also running the S530 set and I love it. No issues at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
It may be an Intel vs. G5 sort of thing. I am also running 10.4.8, and the Logitech S530 - the control center works just fine on my G5.

If it is any consolation, you are not alone. See:

http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=718

Apparently it may well be an Intel vs. G5 thing. Google "S530 Intel Mac" for scads more references. I haven't been able to go through all of them, but perhaps there is a cure lurking on one of them.

OP
K
Reaction score
so out of 4 of the five 5 sites i googled, they say it is not compatible with intel.. well this sucks. if i would have known that i wouldnt have bought this thing... thanks for all your help guys.

OP
K
Reaction score
i bought it yesterday. i guess its fine to keep. i just figured it would work for both because it does not say that it isnt compatible with intel. whats the deal with that, how come so many things only work for G5??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.