How to make an audio CD with a cue file??

Reaction score
I have a CDImage.ape file and a CDImage-wav.cue file. I want to make an audio cd. So first I decoded the .ape file to a .wav file (was that right?) but I cannot figure out how to use the .cue file. Otherwise it is just one long track for the whole album! Any tips?
Thanks very much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You need a burning program like Toast to handle .cue files

OP
J
Reaction score
You need a burning program like Toast to handle .cue files

Yes but how do you do it? I have tried and really can't figure it out. Do I just put the long audio file and the cue file onto the file list for the audio cd option? But then it says the .cue file is not an audio file!
If anyone knows how, or can link to instructions, I would really appreciate it. I have searched, but am really stuck about this.
Thank you!
Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I think you can use SimplyBurns for this. Select 'Burn Image' and choose the .cue file as the image to burn and it will burn with all tracks intact.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
That should work, as cue files typically are "info sheets" about your "bin" file, or in this case, the *.ape file. So by selecting "Burn image" and choosing the cue sheet, it should load the image to be burned no problem.

OP
J
Reaction score
Great - I seem to be able to get that working now with liquidCD. Thanks a lot! Now, do you have any idea how I can decode th files if I DON'T want to make a CD? I.e. if I just want to use the tracks in a media player, but with all the tracks properly separated? That's one I still haven't figured out!
Thank you!
Justin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.