• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New iMacs

Reaction score
there's some company that does laser engraving on the covers of MBP's along with the backs of iPods. someone posted it around here a few days ago. but i completely agree that, at the very least, there should be a black iMac, would go nicely with my original nano.

Reaction score
This might sound crazy but,..... maybe they'll make imac come out in colours again... same colours as the nanos and shuffles maybe..... or at least a high end black one... black ima would look pretty sweet! match my macbook lol
I think it would be cool if you could click a option on prefrences to change the color of the Imac. Some sort of light trick or plasma idk, but if you could customize the appearance of the iMac internally i think alot of people would be drawn by that. But that may be alittle tacky for apple's taste.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D 2.16
Those Core 2 Quad chips sell for almost $900. I wouldn't expect to see those in consumer level desktops any time soon.

I totally agree. It looks to be MUCH more appropriate for the MacPro.
-d

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I wonder, if for a small addition in thickness or even in the largest screen size maybe they could put two hard drives. Orgoing back to my idea of black imacs; maybe also release matching black apple keyboards or a black mighty mouse. Then again... what about Product (RED) everything? Limited edition valentines day...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
oh man a red iMac? I'd buy one right away. I totally think they should come out with colors... i was MESMERIZED when they came out with the original flavors. Everyone loves colored plastic. :D

Wouldnt it be cool if you could have the apple at the bottom light up different colors? haha. tacky again, but... hhhmmmmm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram
i dont believe they will be making it any thicker, i dont think they will be overhauling it completely any time soon either but who knows.
Im all for the idea of bringing in coloured ones again though that would be good, i would want one,
the coloured imacs were part of its original success it made them stand out from the crowd

Reaction score
The design works the way it is right now. And sales are moving quite fine. Introducing a new iMac only makes sense when you want to create incentive for existing iMac customers to get a new one. Right now that won't make much sense, because most people just got their iMac with a G5, CD or C2D. So investing much time and money in R&D for a completely new iMac makes no sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The design works the way it is right now. And sales are moving quite fine. Introducing a new iMac only makes sense when you want to create incentive for existing iMac customers to get a new one. Right now that won't make much sense, because most people just got their iMac with a G5, CD or C2D. So investing much time and money in R&D for a completely new iMac makes no sense.

agreed theyve only just introduced the 24" too, they wouldnt of introduced that if they were replacing the whole line.
I think a GPU update is all that could happen in the next few months until the new series of intel processors comes out in summer

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
Next year, I'd like to see a new iMac out that is as thin as a Cinema Display. I think that would be pretty cool, and I'm sure Apple could do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
that would be really cool,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
I'd love for them to make it G4 iMac style, with the dome base and screen on a pivot (although it would never happen!). Best designed Mac ever IMHO.

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
I have a weak spot for that design too wicker_man, I like it better than the ones now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Well, if you got a mac mini and a modified version of the cinema display you could get the g4 stylings, kinda lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
Actually that would make a very interesting LCD display for a Mac Mini.

Get a dead G4 iMac with a working screen, hollow out a space in the dome for the Mac Mini to fit in, modify the display connector to work and you have a Mac Mini in a G4 iMac :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I was thinking more along the lines of modding the screen....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.