restore discs for a G4 ibook being used on a G3 ibook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz MBP w/ 2GB of ram and 320 GB HD, 4GB iPhone, 60GB iPod
ok, so ive got a G3 500 mhz ibook snow just in... got a great deal on it, and its for my brother. it came with panther installed and id like to do a clean install. this is my issue....

i used to own a G4 1ghz ibook. well, i no longer have it, but i do still have the original restore discs that came with it. im curious if i can use the original install discs of the G4 ibook on a G3 ibook? is that gonna cause some issues or jack the ibook up or something? thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Alum 20'' 2.4GHz | iMac G4 | iPod Silver Nano 2GB
Should't be a problem. I believe the iBook G4's shipped with 10.3 restore discs so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4; 1.07 GHz; 512 MB; Radeon 9200; 40 GB HDD
x2 ...

It doesn't matter what you have in general ... if your machine can run the os and apps your fine. In your case, you should be able to run 10.3 but I believe it'll run somewhat slowly...

If you do install it and this is the case you can usually find a good deal on e-bay on a set of panther recover cd's

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.