Adobe Photoshop CS2 Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hello all,

Just a quick question regarding a friend’s iBook G4; He has Adobe Photoshop running on it fine for a year or so now but the other day he went to open it up and all he got was as far as the start screen. The application would simply not load any further.

I suggested to him removing all files and folders associated with Photoshop CS2 and re-installing it.

However, he says he has tried that with no luck. I'm thinking he might not have removed all the associated files correctly or something?

Any ideas?

Regards,

Chris :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I downloaded an application called OnyX, it helps to wipe out program cache's and things. Whenever CS2 acts up, I open that up and run it and then all is good again.

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Thanks, he is coming round later for me to have a look at his iBook for him so i will give that a go!

Thanks again,

Chris :mac:

M

MacHeadCase

Did he try deleting the Photoshop pref file? That would have been a lot easier then reinstalling.

Path to the file is:

Macintosh HD ---> Users ---> His user account ---> Library ---> Preferences ---> Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings ---> Adobe Photoshop CS2 Prefs.psp

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.