Which mabook pro to buy????

Reaction score
I have barely used a mac and want to buy one.
I am settled on a macbook pro, but dont know which one to buy.

I am looking at a 15" Macbook Pro with the Duo 2 Core and 128mb VRAM
or
a 15" with the Duo Core and 256mb VRAM.

I guess my question is would you rather have the Duo 2 Core and 128mb VRAM -OR- Duo Core and 256mb VRAM?

I am going to do some lower end video editing and picture editing.

Thanks
GLP

PS....Any good sites to help me with switching from PCto Mac? I know lots about PC's and nothing about Mac's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
decided on the mbp base model, and just bought some more ram off NEWEGG.

for almost 1900$ i got a brand new machine, plus 100$ for the ram stick. did i need the 256 vram? No. did i want it? yea, but its not that huge of a loss for the price you pay for it.

get the baseline, it will blow your top!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
unless you plan on gaming or are doing more video work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
i have the baseline one and i do video editing, photography and photo editing and all and it works fine, i am about to order a gig of ram for it. also one thing i would suggest to upgrade is the hard drive if you gonna do video editing, i got the 120 hard drive and man does that thing fill up fast, i only have 10 gb left so i gotta get a external.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro-2.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-3GB RAM-120GB HDD
I also think you should get the base model. I just got one this week and it ROCKs! Gaming works fine (World of Warcraft). I don't do a ton of video editing but I do have to import my .mod video files from my HDD Camcorder and then use Pixela Capty to convert to .mov then use iMovie to do what I want to it before I burn to DVD. Again all works fine. I also record music with it. I did upgrade the RAM to 2GB and I will be buying an external firewire 800 drive to use for backups and additional storage.

Reaction score
I would go with the Core Duo with 256MB RAM if it was more than $200 cheaper.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.