Have XP-SP2 on BootCamp, can't get Parallels to open it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro / 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo / 2GB DDR2-667 / 160GB S-ATA 5,400RPM / Glossy Widescreen Disp
So I installed WinXP Pro SP2 last week, it'll load and run just dandy, burned the apple drivers cd and loaded it, told it to ignore all the unsigned drivers and install them, works great. I've got my AutoCAD on it and GIS software, just dandy.

I bought Parallels with my new MBP and just got around to installing it after I did the Boot Camp thing. I had to go download the new release candidate (Parallels Desktop 3120 Mac en.dmg) as I read it was the one that supported using a Boot Camp Partition. I read the majority of the user guide, not the quick user guide, the full 100+ some-odd-page one. Anyway, I can't get it to work. It gives me an error message. Now that very exact error message is in parallel's user guide, and it tells how to fix it. Well I tried that, and I get the same message. I read at some point about installing a Parallels Tools thingy on the Windows partition...HOW? :bomb:

I've attached the error message for reference.

Picture 2.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.